background

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Answered Prayers

Well, we have arrived in Jerusalem! I can honestly tell you, The Lord gave us opportunity to live for Him yesterday. There were many things that didn't go as planned for some time, and Christi and I found ourselves often saying, "we can choose to let this discourage us or we can choose to believe that God has a plan." The day was great, we choose the latter.

All of our prayers for travel were answered! Our plane from Chicago was on time! We arrived in Istanbul 80 min. Before our flight left to Israel. It was a whirlwind! We got off on the Tarmac, shuttled to the main terminal, went through security, again, and ran to our gate. We arrived just in time for our bus to take us back out on the Tarmac to board the plane! We made it!

Ok, so if you are a C.S. Lewis fan, you will appreciate this. We flew on Turkish Airlines. Every time we boarded we sat down and were given Turkish Delight! I loved it, Christi not so much...but as soon as I saw it I thought of Edmond and how the White Witch tempted him with it!  I understand the temptation!

We landed in Tel Aviv late. It was already dark. I was struck by how modern of a city it was. I felt like I was in Dallas or L.A. The airport has some Roman artifacts on the wall, it was beautiful. 

So, all is well, we are  heading out for the day. I wish I had more time to write to you. I will have to update you on how God controls the weather a little later on!


Forgive my spelling...Christi hasn't checked this one yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment